Intellectual Property (IP) Surgery
Stephen Hawley from the Business & IP Centre North East (BIPC) will be present at the North East Innovations Centre (BIC) on the first and third Friday of every month between 10am-4pm to answer your Intellectual Property queries.
Intellectual Property (IP) protects the expression of an idea. When you start and run a business, you are creating IP assets and are likely to use other people's IP too.
There are four main types of IP which protect different notions; often you will be using more than one type in your business.
- Copyright protects original works, including images, videos, text, sound recordings.
- Trademarks protect elements of a brand, typically a product name, a logo, a slogan.
- Designs protect the look of a product.
- Patents protect a new way of doing something, usually a new invention or production technique.
Book an IP surgery via the link below to better understand how this applies to you and how you can:
- avoid infringing other people's IP
- have a better idea of what IP you own
- take steps to protect your IP assets
To book a surgery click here Business & IP Centre @ North East BIC - North East BIC (ne-bic.co.uk)
Stephen will also be happy to discuss and signpost you towards the other services offered by the Business & IP Centre North East: